2011-06-12

just what I needed

I told him I had to get away, get out. I said it in pain, after a bottle of wine, didn't think that he listened. Yet, when the weekend came I found my bags, packed, next to the door. He carried them out to the car, with a mysterious smile. He put a scarf in my hair, and we drew to the airport, cab down. He knows what a sucker I am for cliches. 


After a few hours.. we celebrated with bubbly wine so I lost track of time.. I found myself standing outside Cs door in Paris. She opened the door, took me in her arms and kissed me on the cheeks. Then she kissed my other love and showed him around in the apartment. It was the first time he had come to Paris with me, it was the first time they had ever met. Yet, somehow, it felt like we had always been there. Like the three of us, always lived together in Paris and that there were never a sea disconnecting us from each other...

6 comments:

  1. you have been
    more than i could ever deserve
    a light a friend an inspiration
    forgive, cherie, as all the words were gone, as i am almost gone still, its good to read
    your words here
    so good

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds magical. I would love to be whisked away into the stars, flying across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am glad, so glad that it was that way. it makes everything so much better.

    love, for always

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you home, sweetness, do you feel home?
    i hope you are.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm just smiling reading this, darling. i hope your days are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete