2011-02-26

I am a rock

Sitting on his balcony. Wrapped up in three layers of fleece. We're sitting on the floor, hiding from the icy winds. In front of us, a sea of candles. My throat is sore, too much smoke has passed down there the latest hours. His fingers are too cold to play the guitar, mine to cold to handle le tire-bouchon. Next to us, a bowl filled with hot water - no one likes the red too cold..

His silhouette in the light of the playful flames, with a curtain of smoke. Like a dragon, silver smoke sips through his nostrils. Warm breath, glittering eyes. I like solitude. But tonight, I am glad not to be alone. For the first time, I think I appreciate him the way I should. A rock to depend on.

7 comments:

  1. thank you so much for your beautiful words, love. they meant so much to me and i am so sorry that i haven't written and thanked you before. i've just been in a very odd mood lately. it's getting better, i think. you're right. we will manage. we have to.

    this post made me so happy for you. i live for moments like that. i understand about the solitude. in my mind i would be alone on that balcony. but then again, having someone there isn't always that bad, i believe.

    much love,
    io xxxx

    ps. i'm here for you too. whenever you need me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it is nicest to be alone, but sometimes, we need someone. we can't always be alone i suppose.

    love, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, this is really lovely.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. my girl, i am so happy he is there. I know. I am so glad my boyfreind and me got back together again, bevcause that's what he is; my rock. but sometimes i need my space, my starving, my music, my books all to myself.
    Or just a night with my favoroite girls red wine, their cigarette stubs on the balcony...and a spring night to die for..

    love

    ReplyDelete